|wikipedia atlantic hurricane season 2022||0.44||0.5||3230||35|
|wikipedia atlantic hurricane season 2021||1.67||0.4||968||47|
|when is the 2022 atlantic hurricane season||0.86||0.6||9965||27|
|atlantic hurricane season 2022 names||1.46||0.7||2565||99|
|atlantic hurricane season forecast 2022||0.99||0.4||449||54|
|atlantic hurricane season prediction 2022||0.97||0.5||549||64|
|atlantic hurricane season 2022 predictions||1.68||0.7||7051||9|
|hurricane in the atlantic 2022||0.98||0.5||883||92|
|hurricane atlantic ocean 2022||1.18||0.6||4832||48|
|hurricane season 2022 information||1.63||0.1||8980||22|
|hurricanes in the atlantic 2022||1.58||0.4||9490||93|
|noaa atlantic hurricane season 2021||0.58||0.5||9111||86|
|atlantic hurricane season forecast 2021||1.4||0.7||5010||80|
NOAA’s outlook for the 2022 Atlantic hurricane season, which extends from June 1 to November 30, predicts a 65% chance of an above-normal season, a 25% chance of a near-normal season and a 10% chance of a below-normal season.How many major hurricanes are expected in the 2022 hurricane season?
For the 2022 hurricane season, NOAA is forecasting a likely range of 14 to 21 named storms (winds of 39 mph or higher), of which 6 to 10 could become hurricanes (winds of 74 mph or higher), including 3 to 6 major hurricanes (category 3, 4 or 5; with winds of 111 mph or higher). NOAA provides these ranges with a 70% confidence.What is the average ACE for the 2022 Atlantic hurricane season?
This outlook indicates a 70% chance that the 2022 seasonal ACE range will be 110%-190% of the median. This activity is slightly below the prediction from May of 2022 (115%-200% of the median ACE). Also, the updated ACE range is centered at 150% of median, which is above NOAA’s threshold (130% of median) for an above-normal season.What is the official start of the Atlantic hurricane season?
The official start of the Atlantic hurricane season is June 1 and runs through November 30. (NOAA)